Sunday, August 21, 2011

movie review

Remember a few blog posts ago when I said there were about 40 movies in theaters that I wanted to see? Well okay, not 40, and I didn't see all of them, but I did see two of them so I thought I'd pass along my thoughts.

First up was Crazy, Stupid, Love. I LOVED this movie (like 4/4 stars, 10/10, buy it as soon as it's out on blu-ray loved it). Not a huge surprise because it has a bunch of my favorites (Emma Stone, Steve Carell) and a really, really, really attractive man (here's lookin at you, Ryan Gosling), but then again so did the movie Valentine's Day and it sucked.

Without spoiling anything, Crazy, Stupid, Love is about a man who has recently found out his wife of 25+ years has been cheating on him with another man. Although heartbroken, he takes a young womanizer up on his offer to reinvent himself and dive back into the dating pool. It is definitely laugh out loud hilarious (not only speaking for myself here, but for the really loud guy next to me who wouldn't shut up), has some moments that will tug at your heartstrings, and makes you feel good in the end. Also, it's worth $10 just to sit there and watch Ryan Gosling with his shirt off.

Next on the list was 30 Minutes or Less. I didn't like this movie quite as much as I loved Crazy, Stupid, Love, but it was pretty funny. It also had a few of my favs (Jesse Eisenberg, adore him, and Aziz Ansari, SO FUNNY). Sam and I went and saw it while  I was in St. Louis this past week.
Review in a hurry: A lazy pizza delivery stoner gets hoodwinked by two even lazier morons into robbing a bank so that one of them can hire a hitman to kill his father. Highjinx ensue. It's funny, but probably a renter.  I would probably give it 3 out of 4 stars. Maybe 2 1/2.


No comments:

Post a Comment