Friday, August 5, 2011

light at the end of the tunnel

I haven't updated the blogosphere about school lately, so I guess it's time for me to do that. I try not to interject school into my blog because school is not happy and organization, crafts, and friends ARE happy. Regardless, it is a big part of my life right now, so I suppose it does deserve some sort of attention.


Anyway, this week marked my final week of actual class (lab, lecture, clinicals etc) for the summer, and it actually went well. I got a b+ on the exam I studied very little for (but WHO CARES it was wedding weekend!), passed my final test out with 100%, and played a very feisty 58 year old in a syphilis scenario. All in all, not a bad week! Next week is "finals week", which means I have 3 tests...all for the same class. How much sense does that make? After that, I get a whole TWELVE DAYS off. So excited for that! Then fall starts..and fall brings babies, and cute kids, and pregnant women (aka peds and OB). Too excited about that. The only thing I'm NOT excited about for fall are my thousands of pounds of books. My back is not a fan of the books.

Even though this summer has been really hard, I've really appreciated the intensity of it all. I think it has definitely made me realize this is in fact what I want to do, because it is so hard yet I love it so much. I just can't wait for the next 9 months to pass so I can start being paid to take care of people, rather than PAYING to take care of people :).

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Molly! The year will fly fast with being that busy and then you'll be glad it's not dragging on for 2 years!

    ReplyDelete