Thursday, January 5, 2012

pre-test randoms

Tomorrow is our first exam of the semester, so you know what that means... time for 10 random thoughts in 10 minutes! I technically haven't started studying for the test yet, so I am not really taking a study break, but oh well.


1. Right now it is 60 degrees (and the sun is almost down!). So unseasonably warm for Missouri this time of year. 11 months ago we were buried under 2 feet of snow (literally) in what was to be known as Snowpocalypse 2011. I have my window open, my mom is grilling, and Bella and Albert are running around in the backyard and if I close my eyes, I can make believe that it is May 12, 2012 and that I am done studying for tests for school (and just have the NCLEX to worry about!).

2. During my shopping trip with S & J to the Plaza, we hit up Anthropologie and I scored this adorable mug...

...for only $4! What a steal. It is so cute and I wish now I had bought them for everyone I know to give out on their next birthdays. I also wish that I had more than one name so I could have at least 3 or 4 of them.

3. I never did a Christmas/birthday post about everything I was lucky enough to receive. I'm so fortunate to have the money to by myself things I NEED throughout the year, and receive things I just dream about during the holidays. I got everything on my list (did I mention how blessed I am?) including some pretty fly rainboots that I'm really excited about:

4. My brothers are funny.




5. I rented "Friends With Benefits" to watch while studying (super conducive to studying, right?) and now that I know JT is engaged to JBiel, I'm kind of wondering if it'll ruin the onscreen chemistry for me between Mila and Justin.


6. I read The Hunger Games trilogy over break...in 3 days, to be exact. SO GOOD. Not quite HP standards, in my opinion, but if you know how much I love Harry and his friends, you're probably not surprised by that. It was leaps and bounds better than Twilight though. Not hard to do. Don't get me wrong, I am totally on the Twilight bandwagon, but let's face it: not the most well-written story in the world. And Katniss is such a BA heroine (albeit the weird name) , whereas Bella is pretty wishy-washy.


7. My hair is getting to the length where I stop wanting to grow it out and instead want to cut it to this length:

YUCK. This is also maybe the only time my hair has been shorter than S's.

8. I get to see my second true love, Andrew McMahon, sing live w/ my BFF A in 15 days.
 
9. If I spent as much time studying as I do writing pointless blog posts or reorganizing my closet/bookshelf, I would probably get 100s on all of my exams.

10. Yesterday I overdid it a little bit when I was running, and I thought I was going to have all of my muscles cramp up at night. Lesson learned. Only do what I'm ready to do.

Time to study!





No comments:

Post a Comment