Saturday, December 24, 2011

pinterest challenge #3

Do you remember my post about Christmas pinspiration? With all the wreaths?


Yep. I attempted that.


I seriously thought about not posting this for my third Pinterest challenge because I haaate the way it turned out. I again tried to do this for free, meaning I used things I already had, but it is totally missing something. I think I'm going to hit up JoAnn Fabrics or Hobby Lobby after the holidays to snag some 70% off Christmas decor to add to my lovely wreath.


Here's the inspiration:

And this:






And this is what I came up with:


I think that it needs to be more full with ornaments, etc. and I have visions of red berries incorporated somehow (I don't know, it just seems like it needs something!) but there are some strengths here:

1) I had a grapevine wreath BEGGING to be used and it was taking up space in my room.
2) These ornaments were also taking up space in a drawer in my room, begging to be used.
3) This got me out of studying for about 30 minutes
4) It actually looks decent hanging on the back of our door.


Did you participate in the Pinterest challenge? Only a few more hours remaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment