Saturday, December 17, 2011

the past 36 hours.

Yesterday I woke up at 5:00 to get ready for my day. Normally I would hate any day that my alarm went off before 6:00 am, but several a lot of good things happened yesterday and that carried over to today, so I can deal with it.

In the order in which they happened:

1. My alarm went off. Normally this sucks, but I recently used Garage Band on my Mac to make "Here Comes The Sun" by the Beatles into a ringtone, so now that's how I wake up. It's a LOT better way to wake up instead of "Marimba" which used to be the way I woke up.

2. I had the breakfast of champions, aka a sausage biscuit from McDonalds. I love them because they are only $1. It also meant that I wasn't too nervous to eat breakfast, which I took to mean that my final would go alright.

3. My final did indeed go alright. While I wasn't crazy about some of the questions (though am I ever?) I survived and passed.

4. I got to spend some time with Sam's brother Jake, who I adore, when I picked him up from Mizzou and we headed on to St. Louis.

5. More importantly (sorry, Jake) I got to see Sam for the first time since Thanksgiving.

6. Sam and I exchanged Chrismukkaversary presents (yep, that's right. Christmas, Hanukkah, and our Anniversary. All on one day.) and I got some pretty great stuff (Thanks, Sammy!)...including these:
and:
get this now, if you don't have it. It's a blu-ray of her in concert and comes with a CD and is AMAZING.
7. We had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in St. Louis, The Scottish Arms. It's always so busy but sooo worth the wait. Highly recommended.

8. I caught up on some serious sleep. I'm talking 11 hours. It was glorious.

9. We had breakfast at a new soon to be favorite, I'm sure. Bagels and lox were had by all and it was delish.

10. I found this black blazer (LC by Lauren Conrad for Kohl's) which was marked down from $70 to $35 and then we had an extra 30% coupon, so I got it for $26. Amazing. It's not exactly what I've been looking for but at $26 I can make it work.
11. I got an A on the research paper that stressed me out for the whole month of November. Score!


Also, this didn't happen to me, but I have to say CONGRATS to my amazing nursing friends who were chosen to have their capstone next semester at Children's Mercy! So proud of you guys. Now, cross your fingers that I get my first choice (KU)! And don't hate, Mizzou friends. It's a great hospital.

Now I'm off to prep the house for the arrival of Sara and Jackie tomorrow. So many fun happenings in one weekend! Hope you all are having just as great of a weekend :).



No comments:

Post a Comment