Friday, December 23, 2011

pinterest challenge #2

Day #2 of the Pinterest challenge.


My two best friends came in town this week (another blog post will be devoted to this lovely occurrence) and we got to work baking some of our favorites, and also tried out some new cookies. We found these beauties:

via Our Italian Kitchen
and set about making them. Our finished version definitely isn't as pretty, but hey, we tried!


I forgot to take pictures before, but we did a semi-homemade version and rolled two packages of sugar cookie dough together and then covered in sprinkles.

They turned out kind of trapeze-like when we cut them, but that's okay

These got HUGE when we baked them. Not sure how to remedy that problem.
These were pretty decent, but I don't like sugar cookies so I'm probably not the best judge. We split them in 3 to each have some and my brothers devoured mine, so I'm assuming they are pretty good :).

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious!!!!!
    Here's a trick, if you freeze/refrig the dough before you slice it for a few hours, they will stay perfectly shaped. Then, re-freeze/refrig for an hour or so before baking, and they will hold their shape a little better. That usually works for me. It just requires a little pre-planning and patience :)
    I used the same trick to make homemade cinnamon rolls, and it worked like a charm. I'll someday blog about those.
    Looks like your Christmas was delicious! Hope you had fun with S and J.

    ReplyDelete