Thursday, December 22, 2011

pinterest challenge #1

My friend Cortney over at Our Fishy Family has challenged her followers to a Pinterest challenge, if you recall from a few posts back. She challenged everyone to recreate 3 things that you've "pinned" which should be an easy feat, but is more difficult than it sounds...mainly because I want to recreate EVERYTHING I pin and I have project ADD these days, so I have a hard time finishing what I start.


Anyway.


My first answer to the Pinterest challenge was to recreate these pins:





And here's what I came up with:
Shirt by Ann Taylor Loft {semi-similar here}
Scarf by aerie for American Eagle about 3 years ago
Jeans by American Eagle...don't hate, they are super cheap.
Shoes by TOMS
Pearls gifted from Sam from Tiffany & Co {here}

my nursing BFF chelsea taught me how to tie my scarf this way...also found on Pinterest. what a wealth of info.

one of my favorite pieces of jewelry.



My goals for this challenge were:

1) Not to buy anything.

2) Not feel super awkward taking pictures of myself in a mirror.

Mission partially accomplished...I did not buy anything. I didn't feel that awkward until I realized my jeans are like 6 inches too long because I'm so short. Maybe I should find myself a tailor.



Stay tuned for Pinterest challenge #2, coming tomorrow!

2 comments: