Saturday, September 10, 2011

writer's block

I am having massive blog block lately, so I've decided to do a "Ten Random Thoughts" post, which Sam tells me is the easy way out when writing, but alas, whatevs.

1. Crate & Barrel. It's like the mothership calling me home. I'd never been in one until this morning and OMG. It was amazing. I really wanted to get this chair, but I'm short a few (hundred) dollars.

Don't you just love "chair and a halfs?"
2. I've started a new exercise motivation thing where I put a nice shiny star on my desk calendar every day I work out. It only has 2 stars this week, so I don't think it's working very well yet.

3. I went for a bike ride today (ie: star #2) for the first time in about 10 years and relearned that I suck at riding a bike. I can't ever figure out the whole hill thing and it makes my hip hurt (old soccer injury) like crazy.

4. I own all 10 seasons of Friends on DVD, and I cycle through them over and over again. I always start over at the beginning of the semester, and I'm already on Season 2 which I think corresponds to TOO MUCH STUDYING.



5. I finished another book, Confessions of a Shopaholic, and it was hysterical. It may be a fluff book, but I adored it. The movie is cute too!

6. I'd rather be knitting than...just about anything.

7. I have so many friends getting married right now and I am SO excited for all of them I can hardly stand it. I love finding dresses for weddings and showers and buying gifts and looking at wedding dresses for them (here's lookin at you, Al!).

8. Did you know that they have the Sims for your iPhone? I'm reliving 8th grade and can't stop playing. My Sim (her name is Olivia, so random) is gettin pretty flirty with Johnny right now, I'm trying to fulfill her wish of getting married.



9. My parents are CA-RAZY and are flying into DC tomorrow. Let's just say, the security has been stepped up due to several security threats. I am nervous for them, but more nervous about my mom finding out about whether or not her cancer treatment is still working. WHEN we find out that it IS still working, it'll be a milestone because it means that it's about a year since she initially had the treatment and it's continuing to work. High fives all around, guys!

10. "See, he's her lobster!" One of my favorite lines/episodes of a TV show, ever, and it's on right now. Time to start studying!

1 comment:

  1. I just watched Friends last night (major marathons on Nick at Nite now, we're so old...) and it was the one where they try to move the couch into Ross's apartment. PIVOT! PIVOT! Aw, good times.

    Hoping for the best for your mom!

    ReplyDelete