Tuesday, September 27, 2011

weekend of bridal fun :)

Something happened to me last Saturday that NEVER happens. NEVER.

I mixed up the dates of something.

As all of you know, I am type A to the nth degree. In fact, I not only write things in a planner, I have a calendar hanging on my closet door that I put all of my important events on, AND I keep them on my iCal, which is on my phone, my iPad, AND my computer. So while you may all be under the delusion that I'm just totally awesome and can remember everything, not true. I have a lot of help.

Anyway, despite my best efforts to remain organized, I still messed up. So, Al & Linds, I AM SO SORRY even though I've apologized to both of you a million, trillion times.

See, my BFF Allie is getting married next June. She came in town to try on wedding dresses last weekend, but I wrote down that she was coming on October 1st. So even though she sent me a text at 9:30 in the morning and asked if we were still on, my school fried brain somehow thought she was confirming for NEXT weekend. I swear. I'm losing it. 

So while I was celebrating my ooother BFF Lindsey's upcoming nuptials at her bridal shower, Allie was waiting for me on the other side of KC at a winery with another one of her bridesmaids. Cue the texts and phone calls asking me, in much nicer words than I would have used, where the hell I was. Long story short, I ran out of Lindsey's bridal shower in tears to frantically meet up w/ Allie, which is just ridiculous, and in the process blew off my other wonderful friend Abby (who may not read this, but Ab, I'm sorry again, again.).

So, Allie. I'm sorry I was late, but totally happy that the rest of the day went smoothly and it all worked out for the best! You're seriously a wonderful friend, and I can't believe you weren't mad. Lindsey, I am sorry that I was a crazy person. I had SO much fun at your shower, and can't wait to see you again. And Abby, I'm making that shopping trip up to you this week!

And to those of you that weren't there, but I'm sure can imagine me having a panic attack when I realized that I'm a human that makes mistakes and actually forgets things sometime, yet still apologizing with words going about a million miles a minute, I'm sorry you read all of that above.


And what's a long blog post without some pictures? Duh! Here are some I took at Lindsey's shower. I have some from dress shopping with Allie, but those shall remain hidden until June 7th.

The bride-to-be hard at work in the kitchen!

Lindsey's grandma and aunt helping out.

Some lovely ladies

Lindsey and her mom :)

And with her grandma :)

miss you already!
One of my favorite gifts she received, haha.

ribbon bouquet! love these girls.
I have beautiful friends, it's true.

PS: Lindsey, tell your mom I will get these to her ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment