Tuesday, September 20, 2011

bathroom overhaul

This is a project that I started for.ev.er. ago when I first moved back from Columbia. My bathroom (okay, I have always shared with my brothers), was so pretty when I went to Mizzou, and over the 5 years that I was gone, my brothers demolished it. I couldn't stand how masculine it was, so I decided to switch it up a bit. Here's the finished product!
Before.. super not cute shower curtain, my brother's artwork from the 8th grade. I forgot to snap a picture of the other wall, but there used to be some cheapy black frames with pictures of us in them that were totally falling apart.
Before...bottles all over the sink, make up bags and straighteners and wires everywhere. I admit, some of this is my mess.




And after! I went with a beachy theme because I already had a lot of it (the shower curtain and candle in this picture). I made the wall art by using some seashells that we already had around the house and painting some $2 canvases from Hobby Lobby a sand color.

This picture is terrible because the lighting in the bathroom is so awful, but we are still looking for some pictures to put in that frame, and then it'll go on the wall. Notice there is NOTHING on the cabinets, which makes me happy.

I had this shelf in my bedroom and when I overhauled my bedroom, it got reassigned to the bathroom. We also had these shells, the candle, and washcloths. I also found the little seashell frame for $3 at Kohl's at the end of the summer.

I bought that bath rug and another matching one at Target for $4.50 last weekend.. they were normally $20! Such a bargain.

Outside looking in. I love it! I think it's not too feminine (although Nick doesn't agree), and I DEFINITELY don't think it's too masculine! Now onto the next room...

2 comments:

  1. Love it! And what an inexpensive uplift - those are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to give a room a nice face lift. This turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete