Monday, April 25, 2011

april showers (and flowers)!

One thing that stinks about Missouri is that the saying "April showers bring May flowers" is all too true. I'm not a fan of showers (pressure headaches) or flowers (allergies + chronic sinus infections = horror), although I like to admire flowers from afar. I guess I do like looking at them...just through a window while breathing purified air. I like to give Sam a hard time about not buying me flowers, but the truth is they make me sneeze. Oh well, it's worth it (hint hint, Sammy).

Anyway, we braved those April showers (and hail and tornado) to go to our first Cardinals game of the season. Sam loves the Cards, and I admit I like baseball a lot more now. That could be because I know how passionate Sam is about it, which makes me like it more. Who knows. Anyway, there ended up being a two hour rain delay, and while we were standing right next to the exit gates, a tornado came through St. Louis and hit the airport. Yikes! We survived though, and had a great time!

Enjoying the game before the downpour...you can tell it was humid because of my awful hair.

Hooray!

Pouting because it's raining and we have to stand inside the concourse thing. I get claustrophobic really easily, so not my favorite thing, but there was a lot of stellar people watching going on :)
Sam enjoyed the rain delay!

Game on after only 2 hours!
A little hazy and a lot less people, but still enjoyable!
 There are also some beautiful flowers and trees blooming from all of this rain. It's also helping me practice my photography skills (although I'll admit, none of these were taken with my DSLR).

Tulip trees blooming in DC.
Bradford pear on my street with a mini tulip tree.

Pretty tulips at MEM near work.
 And one random thing to add: It's guilty pleasures night on DWTS, and Hanson is the band playing...um flashback to 1996 anyone? Aren't these guys married with kids now? Why are they still singing mmmbop (ok they haven't actually sang that to be fair, but still...)?

2 comments:

  1. Love your pretty flower pics!! I need to take more spring pictures. If it ever stops raining.

    ReplyDelete