Thursday, April 14, 2011

moving woes

I hate moving. I thought that I would get better at it during college with my multiple moves from dorm to home to dorm to apartment to apartment to home to here and finally, a return home. One thing I pride myself on is that I'm pretty good at taking a little at a time so that I don't need a huge moving van or something, but regardless, it's not pleasant.

Unfortunately what I'm NOT good at is deciding which things are important to me. After a couple of trips, this is what is left in my room:

*Roughly 75 DVDs/blu rays, the last two seasons of Friends, and the first season of Glee.
*4 winter coats... umm, it's 75 degrees, Molly. Probably time to let go of the pea coats for the year..
*about 40 skeins of yarn... probably time to let go of some of those too...
*5 vera bradley bags.
*8 dresses
*4 pairs of running shows
*7 zip up hoodies
*and the essentials: my bedspread, 6 pillows (yes I sleep with all of them), my TV, and blu ray player.


Like I said, terrible at picking the necessities. Who needs winter coats in April? Who needs 8 dresses when I wear about 3 of them? Who can watch 75 DVDs in 2 weeks? Sigh.

1 comment: