Tuesday, August 28, 2012

crockpot cooking {taco soup}

Sam's parents recently redid their kitchen, and when his mom was reorganizing everything, she found an extra crockpot and graciously gave it to us, since the one we had was tiny. Since she gave it to us (like a week ago), I've been obsessively scouring the web for crockpot recipes! Since I have to work such long/weird hours, being able to throw something in the crockpot is essential if we want to not eat out every night.

This recipe is so easy, it took me less than 10 minutes to prepare (seriously).


Two cans of each of these...
 Two packets of each of these...

Brown some meat (not pictured, because it grosses me out), chop some veggies...
...and voila!  A hearty soup, and super delicious.


"Slow Cooker Taco Soup" 
via AllRecipes.com
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 2 packages taco seasoning mix
  • 1 2 packages ranch dressing mix
  • 1 2 cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
  • 1 2 cans corn, undrained
  • 1 2 cans black beans, undrained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can sliced black olives (sick, omitted these)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup tomato juice (I really don't feel like you need this because it's soupy enough if you don't drain the cans).
Serve with sour cream, cheese, and chips.

As you can tell, I doubled most of the recipe, because we both love this, so I wanted to have leftovers. I'm trying to decrease the amount of red meat we eat, though, so I didn't double the ground beef!

1 comment:

  1. This is very similar to Reid's most favorite dish...southwest stew. We use 1 can pinto beans, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can black eyed peas with jalepenos, 1 can black beans...then corn, rotel, ranch dip, taco seasoning, and beef, of course. The different beans just make it more colorful. Fun to try different combos too. :) The best dipping chips are fritos scoops...yummy. (I think I'm putting this on my grocery list now....thanks!!) :)

    ReplyDelete