Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thankful is the theme

Is anyone else getting frustrated by the fact that Thanksgiving seems to be getting skipped over more and more in favor of crazy sales and Christmas decorations? I went to Target on Halloween to buy some candy to pass out and they already had all of their Christmas stuff out. Seriously?

I don't even really like Thanksgiving food (truth), but I do really appreciate the sentiment of the holiday. There are so many things I have to be thankful for every year, and I know many of my family and friends do as well. SO even though Christmas is my favorite holiday ever, I'm going to spend the next 36 hours relishing in this holiday. And then I'll go shopping on Black Friday because even though I think midnight sales are pushing the boundaries of ridiculousness, I'll still go.

A lot of my facebook friends have been doing this, but I decided to save it and do one big long post about the top 10 reasons why I'm thankful this year.

1. I'm thankful that my mom, my best friend, is getting more and more healthy every day. I don't really know how I can explain exactly how thankful I am for this...let's just say I love NIH.

2. I'm thankful that I have a pretty spectacular boyfriend who loves me and supports me in everything I do. And he lets me rant about school, which is pretty spectacular in and of itself.

3. I'm thankful that my parents are supporting me as I go through this year of stress known as nursing school. While their monetary support is great, the little things that make it so wonderful: having someone do my laundry, or pack my lunch, or going to get my ice cream when I don't feel good and have 3 more hours of studying to do.

4. I'm thankful for the fact that my youngest brother and I have developed such a special bond over the last year AND that his seizures are under control.

5. I'm thankful for Zach, and the fact that he is healthy and can play soccer this year (and next!).

6. I'm thankful for Bella and Albert, because although they don't fill the void that was left by Charlie, they do a pretty good job of making me forget how sad I am about him. And I'm thankful that Bella loves me the most.

7. I'm thankful that my grandparents are healthy, and happy, and love being around me as much as I love being around them, and that I am able to have dinner with them once a week.

8. I'm thankful for my friends, old and new, who make everything in life just a little bit easier.

9. I'm thankful for the fact that I am healthy.

10. And because I feel like one of my things I can be thankful for can be superficial: I am thankful for my iPhone, because I don't know what I would do without it.


What are YOU thankful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment