Monday, November 28, 2011

sibling love

I'm pretty sure neither of my brothers read my blog, but whatever. I think the blogosphere should know just how much I adore my little brothers, don't you?

Meet Nicholas. 16 year old drummer extraordinaire.
 Nick and I were apparently prepared from more of the same genes than Zach and I, because we look scary similar. Seriously. Pull out our pictures from our respective 13th birthdays and its difficult to determine who is who {acknowledging I was NOT an attractive 13-year-old}.

 We both love roller coasters and amusement parks, although he's terrrrified in this picture. I can't remember the name of the ride, but it was super fast (at Cedar Point).

 Our temperaments are very, very similar. Quick to anger, quick to forgive. Usually I can rationalize with him better than anyone else can.

 We share a love for our dogs. Still miss handsome Mr. Charlie.. :(.



 I love that he'll be goofy with me, whereas a lot of other people won't.

Clearly a fan of the thumbs up in this joint. I love Nick because he makes me laugh, and because he is so different from me, yet so similar. He's so smart, and surprises me every day with the knowledge that he has. He's an amazing musician...you know those people who can hear a song and then play it from memory? Yeah, meet Nick. Although we are seven years apart, we've become super tight since I moved home in May and I love it.


And here's Zachary. 22, soccer player extraordinaire.

 See what I mean about Nick and I looking more similar? No offense to Nick, but I think Zach hit the market on the genetic lottery. We looked more similar when we were younger, probably because we're only about 19 months apart. People used to think we were twins when we were little, but we don't get that anymore.
 Zach is much more mild tempered than Nick and I. Maybe it's a middle child thing...
...because Zach is a lot like Sam, who is also a middle child. He is the peace maker, the even tempered one. He is able to think about things calmly, rationally, and keeps his thoughts to himself a lot of the time.
 Zach also shares the puppy love. Obvi our family was obsessed with Charlie. Zach is the athlete of our family. What I attempted, he excelled in.

 The thumbs up are also a running theme in the fam, too, I guess. Nick is Zach's shadow. If I didn't think Nick would kill me, I would retype an essay he wrote in 5th grade which is HILARIOUS. It's all about his name and how he would change it to Zach because that's clearly the better name ;). My mom asked Nick when they were redoing their wills who he wanted to be his legal guardian, me or Zach. Nick picked Zach, and when my mom asked him why, he said, "Molly makes me do my homework and she doesn't have an X-box or let me eat McDonalds all the time." Super awesome reasoning ;).

My grandmother told me the other day, "You and Zach were always two peas in a pod." It's totally true. Maybe for some people it's hard to have a sibling close in age but an opposite sex, but it totally wasn't for us. We played together (even Barbies, thanks bro), even if we were over at a friends house. We fought rarely (except an incident where he unbraided my American Girl doll's hair...and when he beat me once at Harry Potter trivia...I told you I was quick to anger).


Anyway, moral of the story. I love my brothers, a lot. I'm so lucky to have siblings that I get along with (for the most part). I know it a lot of people aren't as fortunate.








No comments:

Post a Comment