Sunday, November 13, 2011

Random Sunday

I have a huge test tomorrow morning, and naturally instead of studying I'm doing all other sorts of things.  Therefore, I'm reimplementing the "10 random thoughts in 10 minutes" posts and getting some things off my mind.

1. It bothers me when others don't mind if things aren't organized. I like for everything to have it's place, and it bothers me when it's not in that place. The other day I opened up our "phone book drawer" in our kitchen, and there was SO MUCH STUFF in it: takeout menus, birth certificates, price lists for various salons around town, rulers, scissors, etc. Guess what WASN'T in it...the phone book. Drives me INSANE.

2. Albert smells like vanilla. Apparently he got a bath right before my parents picked him up, but seriously, he smells like Bath and Body Works "Warm Vanilla Sugar". Not a super masculine smell.

3. I despise studying. Considering I've decided to become a professional student, one would thing I would learn to enjoy it. Not so much.

4. I have this thing about books. It's really hard for me to get rid of them, even if I hated them. I can usually find some good in every book, but there have been a few in recent years that I thought to myself "Why are you putting yourself through this torture?!" on page 15. That being said, I never get rid of them when it comes time for a garage sale. Why do I do that? I barely have enough room as it is for the books I DO like. I need to remember this next time I'm purging my room.

5. I need to learn how to crochet. One of my childhood friends make super cute crocheted hats and sells them, and then donates 10% to a different charity each month. Even better! (Check out Crochet4Cause on Facebook).
via iHeartOrganizing

6. I bought some really fun knobs from Anthropologie (the blue one in front) when I was in Houston (which reminds me..I still haven't blogged about Houston. Sorry Anna!) with the intention of having my dad hang them up for me so I could hang my necklaces on them. Haven't done that either. They are currently taking up space on my desk. Sad.

7. Jackie and Sara come visit so sooon! One month and 5 days.

8. Literature reviews are super lame.

9. Potty training a dog is not fun. Especially when your mom says "here, watch him real quick while I get dressed" at 6:45 in the morning, and the next thing you know the dog has peed all over your comforter. Awesome.

10. Snail mail is underrated. I LOVE snail mail. Let me know if you want to be pen pals :)


What's been on your mind lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment