Saturday, November 12, 2011

Albert

There's a new puppy in the house.

That's right. A new puppy. "Already", as I've heard 30239813 times.

I don't really feel like I need to 'justify' our decision to get a new dog so shortly after Charlie passed away, but I guess I'll try to explain a little bit.

Charlie was an amazing dog, as I've said about 45 times in the last month. He was the first dog I ever loved, and I miss him so much that I still get tears in my eyes if I try to talk about him. The other day I sat on our couch with black pants on and stood up and there was red hair all over me (our house isn't that dirty, but mannn dog hair clings to EVERYTHING). It's enough to set me off for at least 30 minutes.

So, as you're probably thinking, "If you can't even handle a little dog hair, are you really ready for a new dog?" Honestly, I don't know. Are you ever ready? We talked about it as a family and realized that while nothing could EVER replace Charlie, we had to think of someone else.

Yep, Bella. Home girl has been in a spirally into a deep depression. You might think that dogs can't get depressed--not true. Since the day Charlie passed away, she has been sleeping in his bed during the day. She won't come downstairs in the morning to eat (truly shocking because she used to steal all of Charlie's food, and his treats, and his bones...). She doesn't care about going for walks, which is ALSO shocking because she used to bark at me whenever I put my shoes in the morning because she thought she was going for a walk. The only time she's been happy is when another dog is around, which is rare.

Enter Albert.

 Home boy is SO CUTE. He's only 9 weeks old, and he's going to be Bella's new BFF.
 This is originally the coloring of Cavalier I wanted before Bella, even though I think she's super cute.
 Oh hey, I'm super cute.
 I look like a sad dog, but I'm actually not at all.
 What's up guys?
I love him already. So does Bella.

Also, I feel it's necessary to clarify he is not named Albert after Albert Pujols. He's named after King George VI (the king from The King's Speech). Obvi his nickname is Bertie.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE him!!! Ben will need to meet him asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I would love to visit for the day and bring him with me..Ben can play with the puppy, and we can sit and chat! :) I miss you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute! I love his name. and even more, the nickname.

    ReplyDelete