Monday, January 7, 2013

pet peeves.

source
Pet peeves. We all have them.

I have been thinking about mine a lot lately because there are several that have happened a few days in a row and it's starting to drive me bananas.


Elevators
I cannot stand it when I push the up or down button for an elevator, and then as I'm standing there waiting for it, someone else walks up behind me and pushes the same button. It makes me want to turn around and say "oh! I didn't realize you had the magical power to summon an elevator faster than me!" Seriously. If you are in that much of a hurry, take the stairs.

Another elevator pet peeve? When someone sees you walking briskly (or running, sometimes, in my case) to the elevator, and they just watch you walk/run without pushing the door open button. WTF? You can't hold the door for 5 seconds for me? Rude.


Male Greetings
When I greet people, I usually use their names and say hello. For example, if I were greeting Sam, I would say "Hi, Sam." or "Hey, Sam, how are you?"

Several of my male friends reply to this the same way. Instead of saying "Hey, how's it going," or something equally benign, they say "What's up?" I HATE WHAT'S UP. I am so awkward when I reply. "Oh, not a lot, just fill in the blank." So awkward.


Bad Drivers
See this blog entry.



What are your pet peeves?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment