Friday, March 16, 2012

spring break 2012

Sam and I had big plans for spring break originally (Austin, Nashville, Chicago were all ideas thrown around), but since we're both poor students, our crazy destinations were KC and St. Louis.

The gorgeous weather we've been having in the Midwest have made this week especially feel like a vacay, which is maybe why I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do all of the homework and fill out all of the job applications I should be working on. Instead, I've been watching a lot of movies, spending a lot of time outside, and generally avoiding the reality check I'm going to be hit with on Monday. Yikes.


We started off the week with one of my best friend's wedding reception at the National Airline History Museum in downtown KC. She got married out of town in November, and had her in town reception here this past weekend.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have pretty friends.


Friends for a long, long time.

What a handsome man.
The next day, Sam and I headed back to St. Louis to hang out for a couple of days.

On Monday, we went to the zoo because it was GORGEOUS outside. Unfortunately, we didn't look up the time or anything, and we got there at 3:30...FYI, the zoo closes at 5:00 on weekdays. We speed-walked through the exhibits, which was fine, because we've gone a bunch of times, and it was fun just to be out in the nice weather.

I don't know that I've ever noticed anteaters at the zoo before, but they are SO WEIRD.

The elephants are one of my favorite exhibits.

Sam's enjoying the exhibit!

Camels are also weird creatures.

Do they spit? Sam and I couldn't remember, and there were a couple of people debating this around us too.

Has anyone noticed how incredibly windy it has been lately? Although I'll admit, the breeze was nice while we were walking around.

The bears!

Apparently these penguins lives somewhere where the air is hot and the water is freezing, which is why they can acclimate so well to the temperature here. I'm not sure I buy it but it makes me feel a little better about penguins living in St. Louis.
 One day I got to have lunch with another one of my besties, J. You probably recognize her from earlier posts! I have missed her a lot. She's crazy busy because she's in nursing school as well...although our goal is to work at the same hospital so we can see each other all the time :).

 Since I've been home I've just been chilling with this little man. He's been following me around like a shadow. I guess he doesn't really understand where I went for 5 days. Sorry, babe. Bella doesn't really care that I was gone. Typical.



Today I've been staring at my homework pile and decidedly ignoring it. I've also been mourning Mizzou's loss in the NCAA basketball tournament (I picked them to win in BOTH of my brackets. Ugh). I've also been rejoicing in Duke's loss for the past few minutes, even though I picked them to go to the Elite 8.

I know I've been a total slacker in the blogging world lately. Really all I do is go to school, come home, apply for jobs (I'm up to 20 or so, so far), do homework, and lament about the fact that I should be doing more than I already am. I can't wait for this process to be over. If only I could have a glass ball to peek into the future so I'd know in 3 months or so everything would be figured out!

I do have some exciting events coming home (some more wedding events!) so hopefully I'll keep up on my blog posts so people will know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth :).

No comments:

Post a Comment