Thursday, March 29, 2012

pre-test randoms

I have a final tomorrow in my Community Health class (ugh), so instead of studying...that's right, I'm facebooking, blogging, and g-chatting w/ one of my bffs!


Ready for 10 random thoughts in 10 minutes? Thought so.

1) I need to start studying for my boards. Really, really, really need to get on that.

2) If I don't get an interview for a job in St. Louis I will be a) devastated and b) not seeing Sam for 2 months, most likely. It's one of those things where the stars have aligned and decided that we should have "off" weekends at different times, and with his finals coming up...it's not looking great. Good thing I'm so busy right now!

3) I've been watching American Idol and this gentleman:
source

is my favorite. He plays the piano! and sings! so it's a huge shocker that I love him. He reminds me a little bit of someone else I love (Andrew...).

4) I went out on the town the other night and saw a lot of random people...a friend from school...my brother (hello, awkward)...and one of my college roomies (Kendra)! Oh how I've missed her!
Not from that night, but isn't she gorgeous?!

5) I just discovered that my other college roomie has a blog! It's much more polished than mine. If you are interested in healthy living, Michelle is an AMAZING inspiration! She is an avid runner and if I had a tenth of the motivation she does to run (and eat healthy), I'd be much further along in my "500 miles in 2012" plan.
Roommates all 4 years of undergrad...I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since we last lived together!


6) I can't stop thinking about the Hunger Games. So many people didn't like it and it makes me wonder if I overlooked a lot of details in the books. I did read them really fast (I finished the first in 5 hours), so I may need to go back and reread them!

7) I got to go to A's dress fitting this weekend and she looked GORGEOUS. I can't wait for the actual wedding!!!

8) I came down with my semi-annual sinus infection this week. I hate how it knocks me out of commission for a few days. I need to learn how to combat them faster since doctors usually won't prescribe me antibiotics ("It's not severe enough." Well, sir, maybe not for YOU), and I have a feeling that my next job won't be as flexible as my last in terms of sick days.

9) I am on the hunt for a new series to read...or even just a new book. Any suggestions?

10) I should maybe start studying for that final now....

2 comments:

  1. Awww I loved seeing you too!!! I had way too much fun that night :)

    I regards to 6, I feel the same way. I haven't read the book in a while but I really enjoyed the movie!
    As for #9- I'm reading Mindy Kaling's book and it is HILARIOUS. I can definitely see you enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I left KC just the day before you and Kendra saw each other - I should have stayed another day!
    I'm sending you luck to get an interview in St. Louis. I think you will :-)
    Thanks for the nice words about my blog! I haven't been doing it that long but it's kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete