Sunday, May 22, 2011

a week in review

Ahh. At this weekend last time I was blissfully unaware how busy my life would become in just 3 days time. It was a better time indeed.

My first week of school was fine. I didn't answer anything wrong in front of the class (in fact, I got two questions right!), I didn't forget any assignments (at least none that I know of..), I didn't oversleep (which I had nightmares about). I did however get severely bruised up during a "team building" exercise, which consisted of each of us being hauled over a 15 foot wall, and I did trip up the same stair twice, resulting in a couple of severely damaged toes (those shoes will not be worn on anything but flat surfaces for a loooong time).

Some little gems from my teachers this week:

"This year is going to be hell, and you'll probably hit rock bottom during some point...maybe even a couple of weeks from now, but it's worth it."

"You may not feel like you have weekends for the next year...but it's worth it."

"I hope none of you lose any friends over this...although that has happened...but it's worth it."

"It's okay to cry, I know all of you will do it at some point. Even you, boys. But it's worth it."

How many times did I have to hear that "it's worth it" this week? Blah.

In summation, I'm so sorry if any of you feel neglected in the next year. I'm not trying to be mean, it's not that you don't matter to me or that I don't want to see you. It's the fact that I simply am swamped. I have a test on Thursday over 12 chapters of material, 9 of which we haven't covered in class yet. YIKES.


In other news, I have had a great weekend with Sam, because I'll go crazy if I don't have at least some fun. We went and saw Bridesmaids (with Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph) on Friday night and I HIGHLY recommend it. It's hilarious! Yesterday we went to the Cards v. Royals game and watched the Cards win 3-0! I only felt a little traitorous not cheering on the Royals. We also had a game night with my parents and youngest brother (plus his girlfriend), which was awesome. Turns out I'm not a great speller after 4 glasses of wine. We did however win Cranium, for which I am going to give all the credit to Sam. If it had been up to me we would have came in last place.

No comments:

Post a Comment