Tuesday, May 17, 2011

thankful

I have been in a bit of a funk lately. I'm stressed about school, and money, and life in general. I haven't been keeping up with people like I should, I snap at my parents, and I find myself wanting to burst into tears at the littlest things ever.

I'm pretty much tired of this nonsense, so I decided to make a list of some things I'm thankful for, to remind myself that my life is awesome and there is no reason to be in such a funk.

1. I have a pretty amazing boyfriend who never tells me I'm being a pain in the you know what, even when he maybe should.

2. I have great parents who are essentially paying all of my living expenses for the next year or so so that I don't have to worry about having a job during the most stressful year of my life.

3. My friends are awesome, and even though they may all be super far away, they still check up on me and I think that's great.

4. I'm so blessed to have realized what my calling is at 23, and to have the opportunity to actually go out there and get it. If only I'd have been so blessed at 18, so I'd already be doing it :).

5. I have a super cute puppy that just has to put her paw on top of my hand and I'm in an instantly better mood.

6. I  had a great job for 9 months, which made the money worry a lot less worrisome.

7. I'm healthy, which I absolutely know not to take for granted.

8. I have a car, with unlimited gas, which has AC, which means I will be happy during these miserable Missouri summer months. 

9. The weather (I know, I know) has been amazing lately, and I don't live in an area affected by tornadoes or floods (at least right now) or hurricanes or earthquakes or tsunamis.

10. Did I mention I have a pretty amazing boyfriend, who I love a whole lot? I love that we're doing a good job at a long distance relationship.

There. 10 reasons to be so thankful that I came up with in less than 10 minutes.

No. More. Complaining.


On another note, my parents and I are in a semi-healthy competition to see who can lose the most weight. It disturbs me that my father is winning, but I'm proud to announce I have lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks, despite the cupcake and a half from Georgetown Cupcake that I scarfed, plus all of the eating out in DC. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. I MISS YOU!!! I will be calling you with details about memorial day. Remember know matter how far away you are you always have people who love you....and that I'm referring specially to beves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha awesome. You're such a doll.

    ReplyDelete