Wednesday, May 9, 2012

pinterest projects {stain remover}

Did I scare you off from my blog after that last post? Probably :).


I have been working on some Pinterest projects in my spare time lately (which hasn't been plentiful). Some of them have turned out way-y-y-y-y better than others, but that's okay!


First up was this fancy-schmancy (and by fancy-schmancy I mean super cheap and unsophisticated) stain remover. If you're on Pinterest, you've probably seen this floating around.

link
Hydrogen peroxide + Dawn dish soap + a smidge of baking soda is supposed to take the stain out of everything, according to One Good Thing by Jillee. She had excellent photographic evidence so I was super pumped to try this, and I knew the perfect tester! She used this on her boys' t-shirts to get out those stubborn underarm stains, but I tried it on these:

These were the stains I was working with. I had to wear white scrubs for my nursing program (sick) and I would always forget to push my pen closed so I wound up with these lovely black dots all over my lovely white scrubs.
 I prepared all of my supplies (the directions didn't say to add baking soda, but I did to help me scrub it in a little better).
 I mixed everything up (2 parts hydrogen peroxide, 1 part dish soap, and a sprinkle of baking soda).

 I scrubbed it on the stain...
And this is the after. NO. DIFFERENT. Ugh. I was so frustrated! I guess this recipe isn't great for ink stains. I'm going to steal some of my brothers' shirts and try the underarm stain thing and I'll let you know if it's worth your time!

Does anyone know something good for ink stains? Or why mine didn't work??

4 comments:

  1. I've done hairspray and bar soap on shoes... maybe it'd work on pants too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, I've heard hairspray works well but I think mine are too set in for it to work. Bar soap on the other hand... I will try it!

      Delete
  2. I love that you NOW have time to document this all :) I was JUST thinking about how I could either start a new book or a knitting project...maybe both!!

    ReplyDelete