Sunday, May 13, 2012

pinterest projects {a gift for teachers}

 My mom also graduated from school this year with her degree in Education (woo, go Mom!), so of course I turned to Pinterest to find something creative to make her for graduation. This was my inspiration:


I wasn't sure how the cutting of the crayons would go, so I did a test one on an old crayon:

Note: I used a really sharp knife to do this, and I think that made it way easier to cut the crayon cleanly.
I then printed out the outline of the letter I wanted to use. "D" is a really awkward letter, by the way. I'm not sure how to edit my last name out of that picture so you don't get to see it :).

I then lined up my crayons in chromatic order...mostly for the photo-op.

I started out with the straight line going down because that was the easiest part and I wanted to get the hang of the hot glue and what-not.

And here is the finished product! 

I popped it in an old frame I had lying around so that she can stand it up on her desk at school, if she wants.
I think it's pretty cute! Now she just needs a desk to put it on!

2 comments:

  1. Looks AWESOME Molly!! I kind of want to write out J-A-C-K for a new twist on his letters in his room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, do it! That would be so cute for a little boy!

      Delete