Tuesday, October 25, 2011

the weekend through the iPhone (and dslr, if you're counting).

Have I mentioned the love affair I'm having with Apple products? How about Instagram? Once or twice? Sorry, keep bearing with me. I'll never stop gushing about them.

Sam's fall break was this week so he came to spend a long weekend with me. The stars aligned and by some miracle I had Monday and Tuesday off from school, so we got to spend 4 days together! That's unheard of nowadays!

I know for a fact I've bragged on here that I have a nice fancy camera, but I ALWAYS forget to bring it with me! I don't know what my problem is. I did manage to snag a few pictures at my brother's soccer game so I'm sharing those as well. 

 My mom and I have a Vera Bradley obsession, so when she got an email saying that the East West Tote bag was on sale at Bette's Hallmark, she flipped out. I was appointed the super important job of going to buy two of them...because that's JUST what I needed. Another bag.
 After Sam arrived, we headed over to watch my brother play soccer. I always get super excited and weirdly emotional watching my brother play soccer. At his last game he scored both of his team's goals and I cried after each of them. I am seriously strange. He's #12 in the black right there in the middle. Also, excuse my camera, that's as far as it zooms.

 Sam's view was a little hindered by the wooden pole.
 This picture is so typical of my mom. Eyes are closed and the flash isn't even on. However, doesn't she look great!? Hair a normal length and everything.

 This picture is so typical of my little bother brother. He sleeps eve-ry-where.

 My cute cousin Mason, eating up a storm. My brothers eat basically nothing at meals, so he's the first "typical" boy we've seen--3 lunches is normal for him!

 Okay a few things about this picture. One, my posture is awful. Two, my hair is all up in Sam's face. Three, I love my mustard yellow sweater from Loft, but Sam and I are most definitely not coordinating.

 Shortly after the first picture, I used my hand to adjust myself and got a major splinter. Luckily my grandma was prepared with a needle AND tweezers and Dr. Sam was able to fix me up in a snap. I would have been able to do it myself except I injured my right hand and my left is like a wet noodle when it comes to anything dextrous.

My beautiful cousin Amanda (who insists my name is Ly (as in mol-LY) and that I call her Da).

 On Sunday Sam and I were going to head to the Truman Library & Museum, but instead decided to hit up the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum. They had a Monet that I don't remember seeing last time and I fell in love. If only I had a few million (billion?) dollars lying around. Sam told me that the StL Art Museum has all 3 of the "Water Lilies" paintings in house right now so we are most definitely going there next time I go to see him.

 They also had a Rodin exhibit at the Nelson. Here's Sam, thinking about the Thinker. Which, if you're into fun art facts, is not originally that size--it was originally only about 2 feet tall.

 We then headed to the pumpkin patch that we discovered last year with my mom and Nick.
 Sam's sporting his $2.50 pumpkin--SO CHEAP and his sunglasses that we found at Gordman's...originally priced at $12.99, they rang up $3. What bargain hunters we are!

 This pumpkin was amazing--very little on the inside, which is my favorite kind of pumpkin!


Yesterday we went to see the Ides of March (my second time, his first), which I highly recommend to anyone who likes politics, George Clooney, or most importantly, Ryan Gosling. I don't even want to describe it for fear of giving any plot points away!...

...and then we carved up some pumpkins.
By the time I took this picture, I'd finished cleaning my pumpkin, plotted out the face, and washed my hands for the 10th time (hate the feeling of pumpkin guts on my hand). Sam's was a stringy mess. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product but they're outside on the front porch so I'll remember to do that before the neighborhood kids steal them to smash in the street (sad but true).


I didn't take any pictures of this, but we also spent a LOT of time watching baseball this weekend. If you live under a rock, the Cardinals are in the World Series, so we watched them all 3 nights Sam was here :).  Here's to hoping that Game 6 will be more like Game 3 and less like Games 4&5!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Love Ides of March (and both hunks), 2) Love the mustard yellow sweater, 3) Jealous of the Vera Bradley bag! Maybe I should put that on the Christmas list...

    ReplyDelete