Thursday, November 21, 2013

throwback thursday

I mentioned in this post that Sam and I had been on vacation for a while in one of our favorite places on earth. Since I abandoned blogging around that time, I never wrote about our actual vacation!


Wouldn't it be your favorite place on earth, too?


Several members of Sam's family own property in Northwest Michigan, and let me tell you: it is to die for. Everywhere you go is so peaceful, and Lake Michigan is at it's finest. I've only been three times, and I'm in love. Sam has been there almost every summer (every summer?) of his life, and I'm so jealous!


 Eating some gyros at an art festival





These pictures are from the Sleeping Bear Dunes, which is a you-know-what to climb but is totally worth it once you get to the top! Look at that view!



Sam's best friend and his sweet girlfriend came up to hang with us for a few days! It was so wonderful to have another girl around with all of the testosterone (Sam has two brothers). 





Another one of my favorites--sweet shops in Fishtown. This one makes the. best. sandwiches around. 



Lots of beach time. As you'll notice, I'm wearing a sweatshirt in this picture. In August, it's not uncommon for temperatures to drop into the 40s at night!



Back porch sittin'




Here are a few pictures just to spark your interest. If you ever need a different kind of vacation, you should definitely head to the Traverse City area (we travel a bit more north) and check it out!


Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment