Saturday, November 16, 2013

fall in the lou

I keep trying to type words for this post but nothing is really coming to mind. Maybe because I used all of my words on my last post :).

Anyway, here are some pictures from the last few months. Fall is so beautiful in the midwest, and we definitely soaked it up this year. It was almost 70 degrees today, so I soaked it up some more!


I recently (in September...) "ran" in a 5K to benefit the Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation, a wonderful organization that does a LOT for the unit I work for at the hospital. Although this special family hasn't been patients there while I've been a nurse, I've seen how much they help our families and so was so excited to do something to give back to the foundation. Plus we met FredBird. Check out the website if you want to donate to a great cause!



It's no secret that we love Cardinals games...and since the Cardinals went to the World Series this year, we went to a LOT of games! This is one of the games where we got to sit in some club level seats...makes it hard to sit anywhere else!


We also went to our favorite pumpkin farm in October, Rombachs. If you are ever in St. Louis and need a pumpkin patch to go to, head there. They have TONS of activities for kids. 


Also of note: they have GIANT pumpkins. This one was as big as my knees!





After we carved our giant pumpkins, we roasted some pumpkin seeds. I found the recipe for these on Her Bearings. Yum!


Last but not least, my best friend was in town for a whole month (!) and on her last weekend in town we walked around Citygarden, which is "an urban oasis downtown St. Louis" according to their website. It was full of fun sculptures and lots of great fall foliage!




What have you been up to this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment