Wednesday, February 6, 2013

a follow up.

Remember when I showed you how awful my Boston Cream Pie turned out?

Yeah, that's NOT what it was supposed to look like.

This is the original picture.

source

Several things should you decide to try this recipe.

1) The only part that I didn't mess up was the cake part, because it's from a cake mix and it's super easy.

2) You should make up the filling part and then refrigerate it for a little bit so that it sets up a little more. If not, it will melt right down off the sides when you put the top cake part on. As you can see in the picture above.

3) I am not sure what's wrong with the ganache (chocolate part on top) but it's obviously wrong. I'm not entirely sure how to fix this, so if anyone has tips with ganache...

4) I suggest making this for a dinner party, or something, because it's so rich you'll only want one piece and then you'll end up throwing the rest of it away. Okay I actually wanted the whole cake, but I'm trying to show SOME restraint so I threw the rest of it away. 



As far as the other recipe I said I was going to try...
source

this soup was the bomb.com. It's tomato based, but since you use cheese tortellini in it, it ends up tasting a bit like grilled cheese and tomato soup, but all in one dish. Sam liked it more than me I think, but I have to be in just the right mood for soup or I feel a little iffy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment