Wednesday, October 24, 2012

life lately.

via
I have heard quite a few people say that October is their favorite month, and honestly, how can you blame them? I love October. It's not my favorite month (what's up, December??), but it is one of them. The weather has been gorgeous lately (except on my days off), and it definitely makes working from before sun-up until after sundown a tad bit easier.

Speaking of days off, Sam and I have been attempting to take advantage of whatever days we can in terms of time to spend together! We have been having a blast on our afternoon dates.

Last Friday, we had sushi at a new place and then cupcakes at a local cupcakery (it's a word, don't hate). I don't have any pictures because we devoured both the sushi and the cupcakes before we thought of photographing them. Oops. We then headed to Pottery Barn because we were scoping out some new bedding:


via Pottery Barn

And of course, when I'm ready to commit to new bedding, it's not in stock. Lame.
We also stopped by for some quality time with Miss Maddie. I wish this picture captured just how loud she was purring whilst sitting on Sam's lap. It was adorable.


Monday, we both had a day off again, so we went to lunch and then went to a movie. We saw Argo, which I would highly recommend. I am a sucker for anything that's a true story, and this one didn't disappoint. Also, Ben Affleck is pretty awesome in it, as usual. I adore Ben Affleck and his bromance with Matt Damon.
I certainly appreciate the fact that Sam makes weird faces in every picture I take of him.


Any other nurses out there who have to take advantage of midafternoon/midweek dates? Or really, anyone in general? It is definitely something we need to get better at! I am just so tired after being at the hospital all day that usually the night before and night after I work I'm useless. Now might be a good time to add that I go to bed around 9:30 even if I don't have to work. I know, I'm sort of lame.

1 comment:

  1. Your not lame. Except for skipping out on lunch to go to the lake.

    ReplyDelete