Wednesday, October 10, 2012

absence makes the heart grow fonder?

I've never really believed that saying, to be honest.


I apologize for my absence in the blogging world to the two people who read this blog and depend on it to stay updated on my life.

Here is what I've been doing:

1) Cleaning our apartment on my days off
2) Doing laundry (does it EVER STOP!?)
3) Working. Working. Working.


How is it possible that I feel like I work more now that I work 3 twelve hour shifts than I did when I worked 5 days a week? I miss 8-5. I miss hour long lunch breaks (and lunch dates). I miss sitting at a desk instead of running my ass off for 12 hours.


I should have written this sometime OTHER than before I had to go work two shifts in a row.

All whining aside, nursing is pretty baller. There are days when it's slow, there are days when it is fast, and every SINGLE day I feel like I exert every brain cell I have in my brain. The patients & families I work with are pretty fabulous and that makes it pretty much worth it. Even on days like this: 

via Pinterest

Anyway, between items 1-3, this is what else I've been doing, through what else? Instagram.

my "morning alarm" set for when most people are leaving work for the day.

I made another "school spirit" wreath for my mom...

and then one for Sara.

We found a turtle in the road

and reunited for a home game in our beloved Columbia.



This "little one" turned ONE!

I bought a new car.


and spent some time with my pups.

And in addition to cleaning and doing laundry, I've been doing a lot of cooking.
What have I missed in YOUR lives while I've been away??

No comments:

Post a Comment