Friday, April 27, 2012

motivation, or lack thereof.

The thing I don't like about being in school (or should I say, ONE of the things), is that when you think in terms of "semesters", it's easy to get in a slump. I feel like there is a point in every semester where I hit a wall, and it seems like every time I find that wall, it's harder and harder to get over.

I have two weeks until I finish nursing school. TWO WEEKS, people. A year ago today I was still living in Columbia, packing up my life and saying goodbye to my fabulous coworkers from the past three years. Now I'm getting ready to graduate with my second degree (in as many years). I find that to be insane. Most days I'm not sure how I survived.

Now I just need to get through the next two weeks of school and then a few more preparing for and taking boards and THEN I will hopefully:

*Get to start a job
*Actually see my family & friends for more than 30 minutes at a time
*Take Bella & Albert for daily walks
*See Sam for more than a weekend at a time (stay tuned on this one!)

Lots of exciting things are happening, and I just have to take a lot of some deep breaths and know that everything happens for a reason.


In the mean time, I'm going to leave you with this little gem:
...something to think about, isn't it?...

2 comments:

  1. A celebration will definitely need to take place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a school psychology position in the KC School district.. wouldn't that just be our luck for me to get a job in KC the same moment you get a job in St.Louis?! Not to jinx either one of us!! :)

    It BLOWS MY MIND that you are almost done. Just feel like yesterday that you were applying for nursing schools. Craaaazyyy.

    ReplyDelete