Tuesday, January 21, 2014

the day I discovered I had a hidden talent


On our Michigan trip last summer, Sam and two of our friends convinced me to go fishing. I had not been fishing in many, many years, and wasn't super excited to do so again. Several reasons for this: one, worms are disgusting. Two, fish are mean. Three, fish scales are painful. Four, while I'm not a vegetarian, I don't find it entertaining to maim animals (including fish, excluding deer) for fun.

Sam is a great fisherman, as is evidenced in this photograph of Sam from when he was a small child. 
Look at Tiny Sam with his Tiny Chucks.

So we headed out to the middle of Lake Leelanau and cast our lines. And although I was not the first to catch a fish, I certainly caught the biggest.


And the most. *


This is actually Sam's fish. He did catch one. Or two. Not six like me.

I'm also humble.




Such a pro I don't even lose the worms, say whaaaat?!



You'll notice that Sam is holding most of these fish. Although I'm great at reeling the fish in, I'm not as interested in touching them once they are in the boat. Therefore, Sam was in charge of unhooking them and tossing them back.

There you have it. My secret talent. If you ever need a fishing buddy, you know who to call!

*No fish were harmed killed in the making of this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment