Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Life Lessons With Molly

I'm making what seems to be a rare appearance on the blog today to offer you a life lesson.



This is what happens when you buy a new car:

First, your mom buys a car.



You like it, so the next logical step is for you to buy the same car.


Woo! First big girl purchase and it's a brand new car. Oh and also, congratulations. You're only 25 but you are already turning into your mother.



I know a lot of people who are vehemently against buying new cars because they depreciate in value so much over the first few years. I appreciate that. That being said, I bought my car because it was during Mazda's 0% financing (that means no interest. zero, zilch, nada. for the entire life of my loan!) and no payment for the first 90 days. When I went car shopping, I looked and looked and looked for a slightly used car that would have that same kind of deal and came up empty.



And there is where they get you.

I got a super awesome deal on that car. I also got a really great warranty. Except, the warranty is a huge pain in my ass. Now, in order to keep the warranty, I have to get all of my vehicular service done at a Mazda dealer. That means all of my oil changes, tire rotations, check-ups, etc must be done at the dealer. And let me tell you people, Mazda pays their technicians well. An oil change and a tire rotation is easily $100.00. It makes me miss Jiffy Lube and how damn pushy they are about changing your windshield wipers. My 15,000 mile service was almost $200 the other day.

Moral of this story: Read the fine print!

2 comments:

  1. Haha. :)

    Yikes!! Those are some rough hidden costs!

    How about you update more often so that you don't have to start each post with "rare appearance!" I'm thinking I could use a fall inspired crafty tutorial and a new sweet fall inspired recipe....just sayin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's nothing like the smell of a new car...
    how exciting. you're a real life grown up!

    ReplyDelete