Sunday, December 2, 2012

happy december!

Welcome, December!

You've been sorely missed.


Along with my favorite month of the year, I'm also welcoming several other things.

Exhibit A: Crazy unseasonal weather.

Um, hello MO. Where is your 30 degree temps? When I go pick out my Christmas tree, I want to wear a hat and mittens. Not shorts and a t-shirt. I'm sorry, this is ridiculous. 



Exhibit B: My biannual sinus infection.

I told Sam on Thursday evening, "My nose is running a little bit, I think I might be getting sick." By 2:00 in the morning on Friday my throat was killing me and it's been downhill from there. Unfortunately there is no rest for the weary, and since I'm still on orientation at work, I cannot miss a day. In fact, even if I wasn't on orientation at work, I'm pretty sure a sinus infection doesn't cut it in the "calling in sick" realm when you're a nurse. Unless you hemorrhaging blood and/or other bodily floods, you best be going to work. Or if you have pinkeye (I don't make the rules).

I blame Exhibit A for said sinus infection. I tend to get them when the weather changes (ie: beginning of spring and fall) but due to global warming I will apparently be getting them much more frequently in the future. Awesome.

 Another side effect of my sinus infection (which I will point out here is not contagious):


That's right. Sam is so afraid of getting sick that he has been sleeping on a blow up mattress in our spare room/his office. I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if he said he was going to his parents to spend the night to ward off all infections. Apparently it's hard to take law school finals when sick? Who knew.



In other news:


We got a new kitchen rug, and I'm obsessed. I'm also obsessed with World Market. I'd never been in one until like a month ago and it's the bomb.com


My dogs are still the cutest dogs on the planet. You know it's true. 



Holiday cups at Starbucks make me irrationally happy. So do those nifty little desk organizers in the background. I so appreciate the fact that all ICU nurses seem to share my love of efficiency and organization. 

 I recently learned that my Grandmother (who is also the bomb.com) loves pictures of dead and/or leafless trees. I too share this love. I also love sunsets. And farm fields. And back roads (can you tell I'm homesick?).

Speaking of things that are the bomb.com, so are my brothers. I love them both so much.  Even if they would rather sit down in the basement and play xbox when I'm in town than hang out with me and watch grey's anatomy. I mean really.
 We were getting family photos done but really, I think we did just as good of a job (if not better, ahem), with our iPhones.



Well I think that's the end of this rambling post. If you stuck it out this far, let's just say you can color me impressed. Adios, amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment