Saturday, August 18, 2012

a's bachelorette party

As I've mentioned a time or 5, one of my very best friends got married earlier this June in Florida. It was a blast, and we'll get to the wedding, but in the meantime, I wanted to share some details from the bachelorette party.

My friend Cortney is really great at picking a theme and sticking to it when it comes to parties, so I tried to take a leaf out of her book and stick to a "theme". I wasn't as good as Cortney (though that would be really, really hard to do), but I think I did okay!

A and I aren't very "pink" people, but apparently every other female in the world is, so when I was looking for plates/napkins, they were ALL pink.Therefore, A got a VERY pink bachelorette party!

We started the day with a trip to a local winery for a wine tasting. That was a ton of fun, though they had a lot more red wines than white, which isn't my fav. They also had a bunch of unique wines (aka, Chocolate Cherry Kiss, yum!).

 
We then headed downtown to dance the night away! This is where most of my planning (aka Pinteresting) came in! It was hard to be sneaky because A has a Pinterest as well and I didn't want her to know what I had planned!
 
I've already done a post about the DIY wine glasses shown in the pictures below, but I utilized Pinterest for a ton of stuff.

Our spread!
These hangover kits are all over Pinterest as well as the web. To purchase them from an outside website would be like $50, but it cost me much less than that to make 6 of them. I tried to get things that people would use even if they didn't need them the next morning, though I know of at least one person who broke into it before we left the hotel! I will do a separate post showing everything that I included.

The cupcakes were a mix from a box (I was running out of time), and then the frosting was a recipe that we've used forever (my mom and I) and then swirled on using the Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator which I would love to steal from my mom.
I also made Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies found via Two Peas & Their Pod and they were delicious!

And then borrowing a leaf from Cortney's book, I made some DIY water bottle labels! Obviously the running theme was "From Miss to Mrs.", and there was also a banner I made that said it that we hung up, though I forgot to snap a picture of it.

After some champagne and margarita drinking and getting to know each other a bit better, we headed out on the town.

My hair was a hot mess this evening, which is pretty much the only thing I can say about these pictures. What a disaster.

It was a great night with a great group of girls, and I KNOW A had a ton of fun! I know I had a ton of fun planning it!

No comments:

Post a Comment